Every Thursday evening, The Center provides FREE groceries for local families and residents without fear of discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age religion, political persuasion, national origin, disability, and/or covered veteran status. The Community Food Bank @ The Center is committed to serving those who are experiencing food insecurity.
Well over 50% of the food distributed each week is healthy fresh produce, meats and dairy that comes from FIND (Food In Need of Distribution) Food Bank, a local food bank clearinghouse. Through generous donations from local food retailers, FIND provides food to organizations such as the Community Food Bank @ The Center at no-cost or greatly reduced cost. In addition, food collection sites are set up at local businesses and numerous food drives are held throughout the year.
Currently we are operating under a drive-thru model servicing food directly to your own vehicle. Walk-ups accepted. We will service food on a first come-first serve basis until our supplies for each distribution day last.
REQUIREMENTS TO GET ACCESS TO FOOD AT OUR LOCATION: There is no requirement to receive service at our Community Food Bank. Just bring a picture ID (if you have one) during our distribution hours and one of our volunteers or staff members will help you to fill out a form to issue you a Food Bank card. This process needs to be completed only once. Our Food Bank Card will be needed for future pickups to expedite the service process.
Due to the current global situation around COVID-19, we are operating our Community Food Bank @ The Center under a modified Food distribution model. While our resources and capacity are currently limited, we will work within these limitations to serve as many people as possible, especially during this very challenging crisis.
LOCATION & HOURS: Food distribution takes place on Thursdays (except on indicated holidays), from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at our facility located on 610 S Belardo Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92264.
- Drop-off Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00 am to Noon | Thursdays from 5:00 to 7:00 pm (curbside option. Collecting barrel available on the street on 610 S Belardo Rd. Safe self-service drop and go!).
- Guidelines: The Community Food Bank @ The Center will continue to follow Federal, State and City mandates observing social distancing and enforcing face covering (nose and mouth) in order to be served.
- Food Distribution Alternatives: Please contact Find Food Bank to learn more of other food distribution opportunities and locations in the Coachella Valley. Find Foods Bank: 760-775-3663 or visit their website www.FINDfoodbank.org
DONATIONS: If you are considering ways to support our food bank with donations, here is how you can help us to keep our food inventory at a healthy level.
Food donation are suggested to keep our inventory levels healthy:
● Canned Goods: Tomatoes, Soup, String Beans, Corn, Fruit
● Canned Prepared Food: Spaghetti-O’s, Beef Stew, Chili, etc.
● Rice, 1 Pound Package
● Dry Beans, 1 Pound Package
● Macaroni & Cheese
● Protein & Granola Bars
● Cat Food & Dog Food
● Jars of Pasta Sauce
● Peanut Butter
Also consider purchase online on websites like AmazonSmile® or other online food suppliers of your preference, delivered to The Center @ 1301 N Palm Canyon Dr, 3rd Floor. Palm Springs, CA 92262.Money donations? Please click HERE to be taken to our donation page.